Friday, May 16, 2008

New endings for Old Sayings


We all learn cliches and sayings in the course of living...but after giving much thought to the more common ones, I have decided that the time has come to rewrite them...with a dose of reality and dash or sarcasm...
Original Quote: My house is your house.
My Quote: My house is off limits.
Original Quote: A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
My Quote: A bird in the hand...will peck you and fight to escape.
Original Quote: Eat, drink and be merry.
My Quote: Eat, drink and get fat.
Original Quote: The early bird gets the worm.
My Quote: The early bird...needs to roll his ass over and go back to sleep.
Orinigal Quote: Never speak ill of the dead.
My Quote: Never speak ill of...the person who signs your paychecks.
Original Quote: I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
My Quote: I have always depended on ...air.
Original Quote: Idle hands are the devil's workshop.
My Quote: Idle hands are...doing nothing.
Original Quote: The love of money is the root of all evil.
My Quote: The love of money is...typical.
Original Quote: Justice is blind.
My Quote: Justice is...rare.
Original Quote: Love the one you're with.
My Quote: Love the one you're...spending the most money on.
Original Quote: Faith is belief in things not yet seen.
My Quote: Faith is belief in things...that probably aren't true.
Original Quote: It takes a village to raise a child.
My Quote: It takes a village to...make an outcast.
Original Quote: Repeating the same action and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.
My Quote: Repeating the same action and expecting different results is the definition of ... politics.
Original Quote: Respect your elders.
My Quote: Respect your...limitations.
Original Quote: Can't we all just get along?
My Quote: Can't we all just get... a life?
Original Quote: You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
My Quote: You scratch my back...and I'll fall asleep.
Original Quote: What goes around, comes around.
My Quote: What goes around...can often be cured with penicillin.

Original Quote: Thou shalt not (insert favorite commandment here).
My Quote: Thou shalt not...quote scriptures at me.

Original Quote: Show me the money!
My Quote: GIVE me the money!



Visit My e-store!
www.bentwiredandstoned.com
Jewelry - because chocolate doesn't last forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?