Sunday, March 9, 2008

I Wanna Be a Hero

If you could have any supernatural power, what would it be and why? I have some difficulty with this. I over-analyze things at times, so I pull up the good and the bad. Given my pessimistic nature, I often find the downside of things that most would think are great. It is no secret that I am a HUGE fan of the show Heroes. I started wondering what it would be like if I had the abilities of the characters on that show.

Okay.

Peter Petrelli absorbs the abilities of others. No thanks. I can’t deal with being me half the time, so I am really not into trying to cope with other people’s freaky shit.

Isaac Mendez sees and paints the future. While seeing the future could be advantageous, I have noticed that Isaac can rarely DO anything about what is coming. It would make me even more insane than I already am, to know for a fact that something is coming and being unable to do anything about it... actually...that is a problem I already have. I see shit coming all the time and stand there helpless.

Niki Sanders – a psycho alter-ego. I already have that. I haven’t found it beneficial as of yet.

D.L. Hawkins – walks thru walls. I do not feel inclined to be able to wander in to any room I want. There are too many things that I really don’t want to walk in on. I’ll pass on that. Besides, anywhere that I would want to get into or out of that is currently restricted is watched via video security feeds. So while walking thru walls can be handy, it doesn’t mean you won’t get busted for being somewhere you shouldn’t. But they would have a bugger of a time keeping you in jail.

Matt Parkman – hears people’s thoughts. I know people aren’t thrilled with me at times. I really don’t want to know EXACTLY how often they would like for me to fuck off. I also don’t really care too much about what other people think. It would be like being piped in to “reality” show that I hate and having to listen to it for the rest of my life. Besides, I have plenty noise in my own head. I don’t need to hear anyone else’s “voices”. Mine are fucking nuts and that’s more than enough.

Claire Bennet- Indestructible. Not really a goal of mine physically...now if she were mentally unbreakable...

The Haitian – he controls people’s memories. He can basically turn your brain into an etch-a-sketch. I am not seeing a downside to that. I could groove with that ability. There are a number of people whose memories I would happily fuck with and turn things to my favor. The Haitian has it made as far as I am concerned.

Hiro Nakamura – bends time and space. No downside to this one either, except for that part where you can deeply fuck things up by killing a bug in 1992 and end up with a ripple effect that wipes out most of the eastern seaboard. On the other hand, we all have things we would change in our past. I would bounce back to 1988 and make some radically different choices that would make my life far less devastating. In the end, I think I would go with the Haitian. While time travel is an interesting notion, I could fix a lot of my past errors by erasing the memories of the people who know of them and/or used them against me. No autopsy, no foul. There is also the beauty of getting the jackpot lottery numbers and stepping back in time to play...sure, it's cheating....but for 75 million dollars, I am willing to play unfair once. ...don't judge me...you'd do it too.
The Haitian's ability is the one for me, no doubt about it. I think it is good to remember your own mistakes so that you can prevent repeating them. But it would be nice if you could erase all of your own cock-ups from other people’s minds. Now, on the X-men tip, Storm’s powers rule. There are a number of people I would have sucked up into a tornado never to be heard from again. If Storm is not an option, then Mystique would be my choice. If you can become anyone, you can do anything. And there are a few rapists and liars out there whose lives I would completely decimate. I am evil like that. It is thoughts like that which let me know exactly WHY the Powers That Be do not allow us such genetic blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?